Publix Tampa Bay Collard Green Festival 2024
The Tampa Bay Collard Green Festival Inc. is a welcoming and inclusive free community event, emphasizing education in food consumption, agricultural science, and improved lifestyle choices, including physical fitness.
This year, hear special guest Adrian E. Miller, The Soul Food Scholar and two-time James Beard Award winner, author, attorney, and certified barbecue judge, as he presents “Black Chefs in the White House.” Further, the folks behind the fest adhere to a “health is wealth” initiative, focusing on health care disparities within the Black, Brown, and African American populations.
On tap for 2024:
• Special Guest: Adrian E. Miller, The Soul Food Scholar
• Fresh collard green giveaway sponsored by WP Rawl Farms
• Live bands, surprise recording artists and entertainment
• New FamilyZone by John Hopkins All Children’s Hospital: Fun, face paint, games, and tree climbing
• Sample the winning recipe from the 2023 High School Collard Green Recipe Contest Winner
• TBCGF Physical Fitness demonstrations, featuring Natasha Walker of Nu-Body Fitness
• Sample cooking demos under the Taste Tent with Wendy Wesley, RDN and local chefs
• Explore the benefits of the 30-Minute Lunch Break Workout with personal trainer Mike LaBua of Body by Labua
• Connect with local community service providers for resources, screenings, and blood pressure checks
• Accessible Agriculture Demonstrations
• Over 200 local vendors!
Event details subject to change. Click source links for latest information.