In an effort to remove as much remaining firework debris from the beach as possible, the Mississippi Coastal Cleanup Program is hosting a coast-wide cleanup event. This event will take place at multiple sites across the Mississippi Gulf Coast, 8-10am. Each site will have a Site Captain to provide supplies and guidance to volunteers during the cleanup.
Cleanup Site Locations:
1. Bay St. Louis @ Washington Street Pier & Boat Launch
2. Long Beach Harbor
3. Gulfport: Jones Park
4. Gulfport: Ken Combs Pier & Boat Launch
5. Biloxi: Edgewater Mall
6. Biloxi: Biloxi Beach Boardwalk
7. Biloxi Light House
8. Ocean Springs Front Beach @ the harbor end
9. Pass Christian Harbor – west side by Shaggy’s
10. Pascagoula Beach Park & Front
The event is kid- and family-friendly. Anyone and everyone is invited to join! Volunteers may register online solo or as a group. All volunteers that participate will receive a T-shirt and be entered into a raffle for a kayak in appreciation of their hard work.Read More at Mississippi Coastal Cleanup Program on Facebook
Event details subject to change. Click source links for latest information.